Midwest Book Awards entry
$89.00 – $149.00
Publishers based in the Midwest are invited to enter the 31st Annual Midwest Book Awards competition for excellence in books published in 2020. The awards recognize creativity in content and execution, overall book quality, and the book’s unique contribution to its subject area. For a complete set of rules, visit www.mipa.org/midwest-book-awards. Send your entries in today!
If you are paying via PayPal, once you have completed the payment and have a transaction number, make note of it, and then fill out the entry form here.
Please submit one form per title. Publishers of multiple titles receive a discount. All entrants (publishers and their authors) receive membership to MiPA for the program year and are encouraged to attend our monthly virtual ongoing publishing education on the second Tuesday of each month.
Entries are accepted through Jan. 15, 2021 for books published between Nov. 1, 2019 and Dec. 31, 2020. Visit www.mipa.org/midwest-book-awards to review complete rules. Packages must be postmarked by Jan. 15, 2021.
FEE FOR ONE TITLE:
Pricing: one title, one category: $149 (+$89 each additional category)
DISCOUNT ON ADDITIONAL TITLES FROM SAME PUBLISHER:
Use a new form for each title. $89 per additional title for one category, plus $89 each additional category
HOW TO PAY:
1. Before submitting this form, please complete the PayPal payment at www.mipa.org and retain the transaction number for field below, or
2. Remit a check payment with your package of books, made payable to Midwest Independent Publishers Association, and note your check number in the field below
WHAT TO SEND IN PACKAGE:
-Send 4 copies of each title, per category. Copies will be distributed among judges, who are mainly librarians across the Midwest. Judges are encouraged to keep their copies, donate them, or use them in their libraries, if appropriate. Additional copies will be used in extra title promotion for finalists and winners in social media giveaways. No copies will be returned.
-Include your name and contact info in the package. A print out of this completed entry would be helpful but is not required (see last question for instructions on printing before you submit).
-Check made out to MIPA or proof of PayPal payment (see instructions within this form)
Midwest Book Awards
c/o Jennifer Baum
Warren, MI 48092
Packages must be postmarked by Jan. 15, 2021.
EMAIL US A JPG OF YOUR COVER
Last step: please email a .jpg of the title's cover to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the naming convention AuthorLastName_BookTitle.jpg
• Finalists and winners are celebrated in MiPA’s virtual, regional book awards gala online. Titles are included in MiPA’s online bookstore at Bookshop.org for the entire year. Finalists receive a certificate and finalist award sticker seals, and winners receive a certificate, bronze medallion, and winner award sticker seals. Digital seals are available for future print runs.
• Credibility: MiPA's awards program is one of the US's longest-running book awards programs, now in its 31st year.
• Finalists and winners are invited to participate in ongoing special book promotion opportunities, including media outreach coaching and prewritten materials and participation in our Virtual Midwest Book Award Winners Literary Reading Series.
• All entrants and their authors receive MiPA membership and are encouraged to participate in our monthly virtual educational programming.
• All entrants receive anonymous judges’ feedback following the virtual gala announcing the winners in June 2021.