Board of Directors
Program Chair and Past President
Smith House Press
Scribe Publishing Company
Chair, Midwest Book Awards
- February • The Anatomy of a Powerful Book Launch
- Featuring Dara Beevas, Author and Co-Founder of Wise Ink Creative Publishing
- February 11, 2020 at the West End Conference Center, 1600 Utica Ave S. Suite 100, St. Louis Park, MN *** NEW LOCATION, SEE TICKET FOR MORE INFO***
- Happy Hour & Networking start at 6:00 (soft drinks and light snacks provided); presentation starts at 7:00
- Tickets and more info here!
- March • Finding an agent
- April • IBPA PubU 4/3–4/2020, Redondo Beach (Remember, MiPA members get a discount on IBPA membership)
- April • Finances of book publishing: Nayt Rundquist, Managing Editor of New Rivers Press, and MiPA Treasurer
- May • Changes to the Bookseller Industry
- January • Using Video to Sell More Books with Jackie Menne
- December • Member’s Holiday Party! Hosted by Pat Morris
- November • Self-Evaluating Your Publishing Program for Maximum Success with Karen Pavlicin-Fragnito
- October 2019 • Social Media Panel with Karin Melvin, Mike Faricy, and Suzzanne Kelley.
- September 2019• Copyright & Permissions, Trade Marks with David Koehser, attorney.
Midwest Independent Publishing Association serves the Midwest publishing community in a collaborative sharing of publishing, production, promotion, and marketing information.
Through educational programming and other cooperative efforts, MiPA assists members in their publishing initiatives and ongoing endeavors. MiPA also provides networking opportunities for publishers, both new and experienced, to learn from each other.
To advance the understanding and appreciation of related professions and trades, MiPA’s members include printers, distributors, editors, indexers, artists, designers, and others who contribute to the vitality of the industry.
MiPA provides support, encouragement, and information to authors who want to learn about the myriad publishing options emerging in this dynamic digital world.
Join MiPA Today
- Professional Development.
- E-mail Updates.
- Discounted entries for the Midwest Book Awards.
- And so much more!