Board of Directors
Program Chair and Past President
Smith House Press
Scribe Publishing Company
Chair, Midwest Book Awards
- Tuesday, April 14: Join us for our Online Webinar: “Throw Out the Rulebook: Publishing in a Pandemic” with Bookmobile’s Don Leeper and Angela Bole, CEO of IBPA. Call in at 6:30pm to say hello and check your equipment; the meeting begins at 7:00pm.
- Join us:
- From your computer or device by clicking here (you will be prompted to download and install Zoom, unless you already have it.)
- Or by Phone: Dial in to any of the Zoom call-in numbers below and enter the meeting ID 320 801 628 when prompted.
- (346)248-7799 US (Houston)
- (669)900-6833 US (San Jose)
- (253)215-8782 US
- (301)715-8592 US
- (312) 626-6799 US (Chicago)
- (929) 436-2866 US (New York)
- Tuesday, May 19: MiPA at the e-Books + Self Publishing CRAM Day 10A–2P, St. Paul. Free Entry. (Rescheduled)
- May • Finding an agent (TBD)
- Saturday, June 27: Midwest Book Awards Gala (Virtual Event; Details TBD)
- Saturday, September 6: MiPA at the Rosemount Writers Festival (Rescheduled)
- Tuesday, March 10: Figuring out Funding: Finances of book publishing, Nayt Rundquist, Managing Editor of New Rivers Press, and MiPA Treasurer
- February 2020 • The Anatomy of a Powerful Book Launch Featuring Dara Beevas, Author and Co-Founder of Wise Ink Creative Publishing
- January 2020 • Using Video to Sell More Books with Jackie Menne
- December 2019 • Member’s Holiday Party! Hosted by Pat Morris
- November 2019 • Self-Evaluating Your Publishing Program for Maximum Success with Karen Pavlicin-Fragnito
- October 2019 • Social Media Panel with Karin Melvin, Mike Faricy, and Suzzanne Kelley.
- September 2019 • Copyright & Permissions, Trade Marks with David Koehser, attorney.
Midwest Independent Publishing Association serves the Midwest publishing community in a collaborative sharing of publishing, production, promotion, and marketing information.
Through educational programming and other cooperative efforts, MiPA assists members in their publishing initiatives and ongoing endeavors. MiPA also provides networking opportunities for publishers, both new and experienced, to learn from each other.
To advance the understanding and appreciation of related professions and trades, MiPA’s members include printers, distributors, editors, indexers, artists, designers, and others who contribute to the vitality of the industry.
MiPA provides support, encouragement, and information to authors who want to learn about the myriad publishing options emerging in this dynamic digital world.
Join MiPA Today
- Professional Development.
- E-mail Updates.
- Discounted entries for the Midwest Book Awards.
- And so much more!