Board of Directors
Program Chair and Past President
Smith House Press
Scribe Publishing Company
Chair, Midwest Book Awards
- Tuesday May 12: Join us for our Online Webinar: “Book Promotion Using Virtual Presentations” with Publicity Coach and Speaker Steve Harrison. Call in at 6:30pm to say hello and check your equipment; the meeting begins at 7:00pm.
- Join us:
From your computer or device by Clicking Here
You will be prompted to download and install the Zoom application if you don’t have it already.
You can chose whether you want to use your camera (if you have one), or just listen in using your device’s audio.
From your telephone:
Dial in to any one of the Zoom call-in numbers:
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Use Meeting ID 320 801 628
- Tuesday, May 19: MiPA at the e-Books + Self Publishing CRAM Day 10A–2P, St. Paul. Free Entry. (Rescheduled)
- May • Finding an agent (TBD)
- Saturday, June 27: Midwest Book Awards Gala (Virtual Event; Details TBD)
- Saturday, September 6: MiPA at the Rosemount Writers Festival (Rescheduled)
- Tuesday, April 14: Online Webinar: “Throw Out the Rulebook: Publishing in a Pandemic” with Bookmobile’s Don Leeper and Angela Bole, CEO of IBPA.
- Tuesday, March 10: Figuring out Funding: Finances of book publishing, Nayt Rundquist, Managing Editor of New Rivers Press, and MiPA Treasurer
- February 2020 • The Anatomy of a Powerful Book Launch Featuring Dara Beevas, Author and Co-Founder of Wise Ink Creative Publishing
- January 2020 • Using Video to Sell More Books with Jackie Menne
- December 2019 • Member’s Holiday Party! Hosted by Pat Morris
- November 2019 • Self-Evaluating Your Publishing Program for Maximum Success with Karen Pavlicin-Fragnito
- October 2019 • Social Media Panel with Karin Melvin, Mike Faricy, and Suzzanne Kelley.
- September 2019 • Copyright & Permissions, Trade Marks with David Koehser, attorney.
Midwest Independent Publishing Association serves the Midwest publishing community in a collaborative sharing of publishing, production, promotion, and marketing information.
Through educational programming and other cooperative efforts, MiPA assists members in their publishing initiatives and ongoing endeavors. MiPA also provides networking opportunities for publishers, both new and experienced, to learn from each other.
To advance the understanding and appreciation of related professions and trades, MiPA’s members include printers, distributors, editors, indexers, artists, designers, and others who contribute to the vitality of the industry.
MiPA provides support, encouragement, and information to authors who want to learn about the myriad publishing options emerging in this dynamic digital world.
Join MiPA Today
- Professional Development.
- E-mail Updates.
- Discounted entries for the Midwest Book Awards.
- And so much more!