We will begin accepting submissions for 2022 titles later this year. View complete rules.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Fill out the form below. Please submit one form per title.
- Send four (4) copies of each title per primary category, and three (3) additional copies for any added design categories.
- If it is appropriate to enter your book in an additional primary category and you desire to do so, please complete an additional form for the second primary category. Include an additional three (3) copies if adding an additional primary category.
- Include a check made out to MIPA in your package, or pay via PayPal to [email protected] (email [email protected] if you need help).
Primary category: $149. Add-on design categories: $89 each.
- Send package to:
Midwest Book Awards, c/o Jennifer Baum
29488 Woodward Ave., #426
Royal Oak, MI 48073
- EMAIL US A JPG OF YOUR COVER that is at least 480 pixels wide.
Email to [email protected] Use the naming convention AuthorLastName_BookTitle.jpg
WHO MAY ENTER:
- All entries MUST have an ISBN and have been published and copyrighted between Dec. 1, 2020 – Dec. 31, 2021.
- All entries must have a copyright page that includes publisher’s name and address, copyright notice, and ISBN.
- New editions (including the new ISBN) of previously published books are eligible. Reprints do not qualify.
- Entries must be PUBLISHED in the 12-state region: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. The publisher must be located in this region. If the author self-published the book, they are the publisher.
- Only print books may be entered. No eBook or app submissions will be accepted.
- If you feel your book is applicable for more than one category, you may enter a second primary category by filling out a submission form again.
BENEFITS FOR FINALISTS AND WINNERS:
- Free inclusion in MiPA’s new member title catalog that’s distributed to indie booksellers and promoted online.
- Finalist and winner announcement social media graphics to customize and share online, press release templates, and media outreach suggestions.
- All finalists receive a finalist or winner certificate and anonymous judges feedback. Our judges are librarians from throughout the Midwest.
- Gold winners receive a beautiful glass art award engraved with the Midwest Book Awards logo.
- For the first time last year, gold winners were encouraged to give remarks during our live virtual gala, which were then included into the gala’s YouTube premiere.
- Following the awards presentation, gold and silver winners are invited to participate in ongoing title promotion activities, such as MiPA’s Virtual Reading Series, which showcases Midwest Book Awards winners reading excerpts from their award-winning work. (Look for the series on MiPA’s YouTube Channel!)
- All entrants are encouraged to take advantage of MiPA’s free educational resources, including member meetings held on Zoom the second Tuesday of each month, from September to May. Each meeting features a speaker who explores a topic relevant to publishing.
- Finally, our finalists and winners have reported accolades, new friendships, and inclusion in the Midwest’s coolest publishing community!
Administrative fees are as follows:
- $149 per title for one primary category; $89 for each additional design category.
- Please note: we are not offering a member discount this year, as we have again made membership free and open to publishers in our twelve-state region for the 2021-2022 program year.