Entries are accepted now through Jan. 14, 2022, for books published between Dec. 1, 2020 and Dec. 31, 2021. View complete rules. Packages must be postmarked by Jan. 14, 2022.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Fill out the form below. Please submit one form per title.
- Send four (4) copies of each title per primary category, and three (3) additional copies for any added design categories.
- If it is appropriate to enter your book in an additional primary category and you desire to do so, please complete an additional form for the second primary category. Include an additional three (3) copies if adding an additional primary category.
- Include a check made out to MIPA in your package, or pay via PayPal to [email protected] (check back for payment button).
Primary category: $149. Add-on design categories: $89 each.
- Send package to:
Midwest Book Awards, c/o Jennifer Baum
29488 Woodward Ave., #426
Royal Oak, MI 48073
- EMAIL US A JPG OF YOUR COVER that is at least 480 pixels wide.
Email to [email protected] Use the naming convention AuthorLastName_BookTitle.jpg
WHO MAY ENTER:
- All entries MUST have an ISBN and have been published and copyrighted between Dec. 1, 2020 – Dec. 31, 2021.
- All entries must have a copyright page that includes publisher’s name and address, copyright notice, and ISBN.
- New editions (including the new ISBN) of previously published books are eligible. Reprints do not qualify.
- Entries must be PUBLISHED in the 12-state region: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. The publisher must be located in this region. If the author self-published the book, they are the publisher.
- Only print books may be entered. No eBook or app submissions will be accepted.
- If you feel your book is applicable for more than one category, you may enter a second primary category by filling out a submission form again.
- Finalists and winners are celebrated in MiPA’s virtual, regional book awards gala online. Titles are included in MiPA’s online bookstore at Bookshop.org indefinitely. Finalists receive a certificate and finalist award sticker seals, and gold winners receive a certificate, glass art award, and winner award sticker seals. Digital seals are available for future print runs.
- Credibility and recognition: MiPA’s awards program is one of the US’s longest-running book awards programs, now in its 32nd year.
- Finalists and winners are invited to participate in ongoing special book promotion opportunities, including media outreach coaching and prewritten materials and participation in our Virtual Reading Series featuring winners of the Midwest Book Awards.
- All entrants and their authors receive MiPA membership and are encouraged to participate in our monthly virtual educational programming.
- All entrants receive anonymous judges’ feedback following the virtual gala announcing the winners in June 2022.
- We are working on a longer-format literary show that finalists and winners will be invited to participate in.
- We are also working to develop a catalog of winning titles to be distributed to bookstores throughout the Midwest.
Administrative fees are as follows:
- $149 per title for one primary category; $89 for each additional design category.
- Please note: we are not offering a member discount this year, as we have again made membership free and open to publishers in our twelve-state region for the 2021-2022 program year.