New benefits for Midwest Book Awards finalists and winners:
- Free inclusion in MiPA’s new member title catalog that’s distributed to indie booksellers and promoted online.
- Finalist and winner announcement social media graphics to customize and share online, press release templates, and media outreach suggestions.
- All finalists receive a finalist or winner certificate and anonymous judges feedback. Our judges are librarians from throughout the Midwest.
- Gold winners receive a beautiful glass art award engraved with the Midwest Book Awards logo.
- For the first time last year, gold winners were encouraged to give remarks during our live virtual gala, which were then included into the gala’s YouTube premiere.
- Following the awards presentation, gold and silver winners are invited to participate in ongoing title promotion activities, such as MiPA’s Virtual Reading Series, which showcases Midwest Book Awards winners reading excerpts from their award-winning work.
- All entrants are encouraged to take advantage of MiPA’s free educational resources, including member meetings held on Zoom the second Tuesday of each month, from September to May. Each meeting features a speaker who explores a topic relevant to publishing.
- Finally, our finalists and winners have reported accolades, new friendships, and inclusion in the Midwest’s coolest publishing community!
Questions? Email [email protected]. Entry deadline for 2021 titles is January 14, 2022.