28th annual Midwest Book Awards Call for Entries
Presented by the Midwest Independent Publishing Association
Publishers based in the Midwest are invited to enter the 28th Annual Midwest Book Awards competition for excellence in books published in 2017. The awards recognize creativity in content and execution, overall book quality, and the book’s unique contribution to its subject area. Visit the Book Awards webpage for a complete set of rules. Send your entries in today!
MIPA member: $70 per title (includes first category), $30 for each additional category, maximum of 3 categories
Non-MIPA member: $135 per title (includes first category), $30 for each additional category, maximum of 3 categories
Deadline for receipt of books, entry form, and entry fee is December 30, 2017. There are absolutely no exceptions.
WHO MAY ENTER
- All entries MUST carry a 2017 copyright and an ISBN. If an entry has a 2018 copyright date, documentation must be provided showing that the book was released in 2017. There are no exceptions.
- All entries must have a copyright page that includes publisher’s name and address, copyright notice, and ISBN.
- New editions (including the new ISBN) of previously published books are eligible. Reprints do not qualify.
- Entries must be published in the 12-state region: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Publishers or authors may submit the entry.
- Only print books may be entered. No eBook or app submissions will be accepted.
BEFORE YOU START: To receive the member rate, make sure you are a member or renew your membership BEFORE clicking on the online payment button. (Click here to purchase or renew your membership). Then be sure to log in to your member account before completing your online entry.
For more information
Contact Deb Jacobson at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d like to invite you to consider judging entries in the Midwest Book Awards sponsored by the Midwest Independent Publishing Association (MIPA). We will have 3 judges for each category.
As a judge, you will be able to state a preference for categories you are interested in. Books will be delivered to you in early January 2018. Note: In categories with a large number of entries (10 or more), judges will receive two shipments: some in November/December and the remainder in January. All evaluations will be due March 31, 2018.
As a nonprofit, we are unable to compensate you for what you deserve, but you do win our undying gratitude as well as two tickets to the Book Awards Gala held in May 2018 in the Twin Cities. Plus, you keep the books you judge.
If you are interested, please fill out the judges’ application and see the Call for Entries, which lists the categories. We encourage you to put down your preferences for 2-3 categories. Some judges do more than one category, depending on their time and interests.
Also note that this year on your application you can elect to have either electronic (Word file) score sheets or paper score sheets; however, we prefer electronic score sheets if at all possible.