Board of Directors
Founded in 1984, the Midwest Independent Publishing Association exists today as a vibrant professional nonprofit association that serves the upper-Midwest independent publishing community through education, networking, and peer recognition. MIPA is proud to be a sponsor of the Midwest Book Awards and a regional affiliate of the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA). [See list of affiliates]
Midwest Independent Publishing Association
P.O. Box 580475
Minneapolis, MN 55458
Contact Suzzanne Kelley, president, at 701-231-6848 for more information.
About MIPA Members
- National award winners
- Publishers of regional and national books
- Experienced book designers, editors, indexers, and publicists
- Innovative entrepreneurs
- Publishers and authors of fiction, non-fiction, children’s books, food, travel, inspiration, and many other topics
- People who love what they’re doing, want to share what they know, and want to learn more
Midwest Independent Publishing Association serves the Midwest publishing community in a collaborative sharing of publishing, production, promotion, and marketing information.
Through educational programming and other cooperative efforts, MIPA assists members in their publishing initiatives and ongoing endeavors. MIPA also provides networking opportunities for publishers, both new and experienced, to learn from each other.
To advance the understanding and appreciation of related professions and trades, MIPA’s members include printers, distributors, editors, indexers, artists, designers, and others who contribute to the vitality of the industry.
MIPA provides support, encouragement, and information to authors who want to learn about the myriad publishing options emerging in this dynamic digital world.
Join MIPA Today
- Professional Development.
- E-mail Updates.
- Annual Vendor Fair.
- Discounted entries for the Midwest Book Awards.
- And so much more!